Post by Radrook Admin on Sept 27, 2019 3:36:21 GMT -5
What is the difference between Oligarchy and Democracy?
• Definition of Oligarchy and Democracy: • Oligarchy is a power structure in which only a few number of affluent people enjoy the ruling authority.
• Democracy entertains candidates who are chosen by the general public to rule and make decisions in the authority.
• Selection of people for the power: • In an oligarchy, the selection is sometimes inherited and in some cases wealth, education, military power, family connections, etc. bestow the ruling authority. Here, the choice of general public is disregarded.
• In a democracy, it is the choice of the common people and the candidates are selected through an election.
• Nature of power: • Sometimes oligarchy becomes similar to a monarchy where there is tyrannical power.
• Democracy is based on peoples’ choice and they have the freedom to select as well as to dismiss the candidates if necessary.
Seems like very clear-cut difference between the twain- doesn't it? Yet, as in other things in life, the difference between the two types of government can become rather blurred as the video below clearly illustrates.
Radrook Admin: Welcome to all the new members and thank you all for joining the forum. For some strange reason, it is only now that I was informed that others had joined. My apologies.
Aug 13, 2023 4:37:21 GMT -5
Radrook Admin: Welcome to the Forum Sanya!
Jun 21, 2023 15:04:34 GMT -5
Radrook Admin: Welcome to the forum Abdul! Thanks for joining!
May 29, 2023 22:40:18 GMT -5
Radrook Admin: Yes, sooner or later this entire website will disappear with everything posted on it for lack of finding someone to take over when I croak. But it won't be because you folks are refusing to respond. That I can guarantee.
Feb 26, 2023 7:10:41 GMT -5
Radrook Admin: That's one reason why I stopped providing long insights into the chess games I play. It's like speaking to the wall.
Feb 26, 2023 7:06:45 GMT -5
Radrook Admin: Funny how I can have approx. 400 people at one point browsing, and not one of them wants to give feedback nor participate in any way manner or form. Not even a simple click with a like.
Feb 26, 2023 7:03:49 GMT -5
Radrook Admin: Funny how these discussion forums were all the rage once until Twitter and YouTube and other such discussion venues came along.
Feb 13, 2023 8:40:52 GMT -5
Radrook Admin: I wish visitors would say something instead of just reading and leaving in silence. Or at the least, at least have the courtesy to rate the material.
Feb 4, 2023 21:26:37 GMT -5
Radrook Admin: Thinking that doctors are beyond criticism no matter what is a cultural trait I do not share.
Feb 3, 2023 12:48:59 GMT -5
Radrook Admin: Reporting physician malpractice might save someone else from getting murdered.
Jan 31, 2023 9:10:52 GMT -5
Radrook Admin: Funny how nobody believes you when you describe physician malpractice until it happens to them-isn't it.
Jan 30, 2023 21:13:57 GMT -5
Radrook Admin: Just restored the History section. Hopefully this one won't disappear like the last one did.
Jan 25, 2023 16:37:13 GMT -5